The Education Sector Strategic Plan
This session was an update about what three different school divisions are doing to advance learning.
1. Chinook School division
● Provide financial support for the SCC forums.
● attend SCC meetings.
● SCC support and guidance on A3.
● focus primarily on writing and engagement.
Role of Administrators
● Lead support and work with their SCC’ss in each monthly meeting
● Chairperson and new member forum.
● SCC fall forum
● SCC spring forum
The purpose of the forums was to give data and background information.
2. Cornerstone division
● Learning plan developed with ESSP outcomes and priorities.
● schools engage SCC to develop plan to reach to parents and community in regards to the importance of their role within learning plan.
● Purchased resources
○ Education week
○ Mystery reader
● Engagement events
○ WE day sponsorships
The last speaker was from the Prairie village school division and spoke on the
involvements of the SCC in their division.